Monday, January 11, 2010

Kanyakumari Calling...

Hello friends!

I'm travelling to Kanyakumari, the southernmost tip of mainland India. It is a sacred place because of The Sagar Sangam - Union of three seas- the Indian Ocean, The Arabian Sea & the bay of Bengal. There are many historic places in & around the town of Kanyakumari, but main excitement is the Annular Solar Eclipse on 15th January! Annular Eclipses are a rare phenomena & it's after almost 4 decdes Itz happening in India. You can get more info of the eclipse at NASA website.

For me, this is going to be a real special tour. I have dreamt of this journey for ten years since I first got to know about the eclipse. Besides, Kanyakumari, we'll also visit Madurai & Rameshwaram.

All along, I'll be writing on this blog whenever I get time And will try to write in Marathi as well. I'll share pictures with you all so you can get an idea about the places.. You can get the updates of my journey at my twitter-page if you use twitter.

So, Bags are packed, and I'm leaving in the evening today. Can't write much now, need to rush.. See ya all soon!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds great! I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete